By cooldude | April 16, 2013
The Lake Titicaca is undoubtedly one of the major attractions in your Peru trip. It’s the highest lake around the world situated at an altitude of 12,500 over sea level. The lake is located between Peru & Bolivia border. While the famous lake is renowned for its magnificent beauty, it’s also a great center of attraction for the tourists here as it enables you to explore the indigenous Peru culture.
There are altogether 7 major islands in Lake Titicaca. You have the Uro aboriginals living here for centuries since the Incan rule. It’s interesting to note that, the Uros have built up their homes floating handmade islands, weaving together thick layers of water reeds.
Then you have Isla Taquile, inhabited by the Quechua speaking people who have been staying there for hundreds and hundreds of years. The Quechuas strictly follow their conventional lifestyle & earn living by selling handmade goodies.
By cooldude | April 14, 2013
You must have heard a lot about the Aurora Borealis and you must also of know of some people who keep on raving about the experience that they have had watching it. So, what exactly is the Aurora Borealis?
The Aurora Borealis is basically the official name of the Northern Lights in the northern hemisphere. It is a breathtaking natural phenomenon and features an amazing display of colored lights over the Earth. French scientist Pierre Gassendi witnessed the lights for the first time in 1621 and he named it after Goddess Aurora, the Roman Goddess of dawn. The term Borealis is drawn from the name of the Roman God of north wind, Boreas. In the south hemisphere, this phenomenon is known as the Aurora Australis, which means the ‘southern’. The lights can be seen near the poles after dusk. They look calm and elegant but they are actually produced from millions of magnetic energy explosion.
By cooldude | April 12, 2013
Sri Lanka, the beautiful island nation is renowned for its idyllic ambience that lures many visitors from all around the world every year. The southern neighbor of India presents the tourists with majestic waterfalls, scenic pristine palm-fringed beaches, beautiful hill stations, adventure sports opportunities and pilgrimage sites as well. The write up here highlights on some of the top attractions of Sri Lanka.
You have the Tooth Temple here which hosts the tooth of Gautama Buddha. It’s one of the most eminent pilgrimage sites for devoted Buddhists and has also been recognized as one among the UNESCO World Heritage Spots. You must not miss out on the Henarathgoda Botanical Garden which hosts a versatile selection of trees gathered from all parts of the tropical world.
The National Museum of Sri Lanka is one of the most visited attractions here. It was founded long back in 1877 7 houses some of the best selections of art pieces and antiques representing the rich cultural background of the island nation.
By cooldude | March 21, 2013
Planning to go on family vacation to Canada well, then do not forget to visit Niagra Falls and get enchanted by its fabulous beauty. The awesome scenic beauty, the sound of the gushing water thundering on its way to the ground and breeze will take you in a trance. It is best to visit the falls during the day to witness this amazing creation of Nature. You will see nothing less even on your visit at night as well.
You can go to the observation area at the Niagara Falls when where you can watch this spectacular waters playing and dancing all around. You can even go down right to the ground level on the elevator of the tower to directly stand in front of the falls. Nothing can be more fascinating than standing face to face with the Niagra Falls at a distance of a mere 50 meters. Make sure to have a look at the Falls from the Ontario end to make your visit more memorable.
By cooldude | March 19, 2013
Thinking of taking your family to a vacation worth remembering? Then Goa is the destination for you. It is one of the most beautiful states of India. The Goa tourism is standing tall for more than fifty years and every year the number of tourists keeps on increasing. Every tourist who visits India is ought to visit this small state present in the western coastline of India. This state has its own charm over the people.
Goa has a lot to offer to its visitors. You can visit beautiful city like Panaji the capital of Goa. It is famous for beaches, museums and historical monuments. Goa is basically famous for its lovely beaches. There are several resorts that offer a five star service to their guests. Water sports are quite famous in this part of the country and you can indulge yourself in every kind of it. So plan your trip to Goa for an exclusive and an exotic experience.
By cooldude | March 18, 2013
The Disneyland in Europe in one of the most preferred tourist’s spots. A large number of international tourists travel to Paris just to visit Disneyland. There are number of delights in Disneyland and you visit encounter all the delights in Disneyland.
The roller coaster ride in the Disneyland is famous among all the tourists coming from different parts of the world. Once you are in Disneyland, you should take a ride of the roller coaster and enjoy the experience of your life.
The sleeping beauty’s castle is a prominent landmark of the Disneyland. You must take your kids to this place while in Disneyland. There are many delights in the castle for your child. There are even boats take provide rides for your kids to various parts of the castle. Many miniature character dresses in beautiful costumes are also there in the castle.
In the Disney village you can enjoy breakfast with a number of Disney characters all around you. Know about all the delights in Disneyland before visiting so that you don’t miss out any.
By cooldude | March 17, 2013
Car rental services have been one of the most growing businesses. There are many car rental services present throughout the world. The prices of car rentals are increasing day by day. If you are low on budget and want to hire a car service that is affordable then here are some tips that would come in handy.
- Research- Finding out the details of the various car services beforehand will give you a fair idea about the prices of car services in the area you are going. This may even help you in getting the cheapest among them.
- Selecting the vehicle is also a must. You need to check the compatibility of the care where you want to take it as well as the space it provides from inside. This will make sure that you hire the best suited car.
- Renting the car at the right time can save you a lot of money. Renting the car months before you travel can provide you good discounts.
- Returning on time is quite essential. If you are late then the car rental service would be charging you for a day more.
So use these tips and make your car renting service an affordable one.
By cooldude | March 15, 2013
If you are planning to go to a holiday recently then why aren’t you considering visiting some historical place? There are many places of living history in the world. You can really enjoy visiting those places as well as you will get know many histories of the world.
The city of Boston is one such place of living history. Children will definitely like the famous ‘Boston by foot’ walking tour. There is a science museum in Boston giving you and your children a fair idea about the development of science and technology from the historic times. You will also get to see the first public school set up in America.
You can gain knowledge regarding the history of trains- how they originated and in what they got the present form, once you visit the famous Orange Empire Railway Museum located in California. The museum has all the history about the trains and you can even try your hand at driving some real train.
You can see the largest collection of automated music machines still playing in Virginia City and Nevada City. You can also see some of the preserved gold mines of the city and can experience riding a locomotive, a stagecoach and some more historic conveyance.
By cooldude | March 11, 2013
Amusements Park is a place which holds a point of interest for everyone. No matter what your age is but you would love visiting one of them. These places take every elderly one to their childhood days. Visiting the best amusement parks in the world would give you the best memories to cherish. The top three amusement parks in the world, that you would love visiting in your life time are given below.
• Cedar point, this is an amusement park situated in Ohio. It is the world’s largest park where you will need almost a day to enjoy everything. It is famous for its roller coaster and also the sandy beach where you can relax.
• Disney world, Florida is an amusement that is famous among everyone around. Disney amusement park is known for its rides and the magical world created by the Disney characters. The highlight of the park is its fireworks at the end of the day.
• Busch Garden Europe, Williamsburg Virginia is an amusement park where you can visit Europe without even going there. It is known for having all the taste of Europe.
So go ahead and have the time of your life in these beautiful and amazing amusement parks.
By cooldude | March 9, 2013
If you have been thinking of visiting Dubai then here are a few reasons why you should:
• Dubai is the place to celebrate: Dubai is one of the most happening cosmopolitan city to be in. there are hundreds of clubs and party sports where you can enjoy yourself without any prohibition.
• Dubai is the best place to experience modern architecture: Dubai is known for its technology defying buildings, hotels and apartments that have amazed people all over the world.
• The Temperature of Dubai is sunny and comfortable, making it a good place to visit, no matter what kind of weather you prefer.
• If you are a shopaholic then Dubai is the place for you. From huge malls where you get designer stuff to street shops, the collection is endless.
• Beaches are the ultimate attraction at Dubai for those who love to spend time at the beach.